Here at Glisten Cosmetics, sustainability is very important to us. We adopt various practices which minimise our environmental impact, evident in things like our packaging and shipping processes. All our products are completely vegan and cruelty free, as they always have been and always will be.
Here's a brief summary of some of our initiatives.
CARBON FOOTPRINT REDUCTION:
- Where we can, we use sea freight to get items to us. We are also aiming to cut our air freight completely by the end of 2025!
- Our main shipper is Royal Mail - the greenest provider in the UK. As stated on their website 'Royal Mail has the lowest reported carbon emissions per parcel of any major UK delivery company.'
- We use local businesses where we can, such as product photography. This is greener and also helps with the local economy.
REDUCED PACKAGING WASTE:
- For all our outer packaging (envelopes) we use to ship items, is 100% recyclable and small, so it isn't wasteful
- We try to be mindful of unnecessary packaging; this is why you'll find none of our Wet Liners come in boxes
- We build all palette orders in-house, meaning there isn't any wasted packaging.
- We also use paper packaging where we can, and have made our palettes and pans magnetic so they can be easily refilled and reused, saving the need to buy a whole new palette.
CRUELTY FREE AND VEGAN PRODUCTS:
- None of our products are tested on animals or contain any animal or animal-derived ingredients.
- All our products are completely vegan.
- We are also certified by PETA.
By Emma Wharmby